- Senior citizen discounts are available for adults ages 62 and older.
- Student discounts are applicable for those in high school and younger and full-time college students with a valid I.D. from any university or college. University students holding discounted tickets will be asked to show their I.D. to the usher upon admission to the performance.
- Children receive a discounted ticket, but those under 5 are not encouraged to attend some events. Should you choose to bring small children, you must purchase a ticket for them.
- SFA faculty and staff may purchase two half price adult tickets to all events. For University Series events, discounted seats are valid in sections B & C only.
- Groups of 10 or more are eligible for discounted full price adult tickets when they are purchased in one transaction. There are no additional discounts available for student, senior, or child tickets, but drivers, tour guides, chaperones or parents attending with the group may purchase tickets at the same rate as the students, seniors or children they are bringing to the performance. Again, these tickets must be purchased in one transaction. Please call the Box Office at 936.468.6407 or 888.240.ARTS for more information.
Please note that the Children’s Performing Arts Series does not offer discounts for senior citizens, university students nor SFA faculty and staff.
Season Ticket Holders
Tickets are exchanged on an availability basis. You may not always be able to get comparable seating when you exchange, but every effort will be made to accommodate your seating preferences. There is no fee to exchange a season ticket seat.
- University Series subscribers may exchange from one Professional Touring title to another Professional Touring title and from one Student Showcase title to another Student Showcase title. Please note tickets are not exchangeable after the missed performance date.
- Mainstage Series subscribers may exchange from one performance to another within the same play title. Mainstage Series subscribers may not exchange between play titles. Please note tickets are not exchangeable after the missed performance date.
- Concert Series subscribers may not exchange tickets because there is only one performance of each concert; subscribers may not exchange between concert titles.
Single Ticket Patrons
For a $3 fee per ticket, single ticket patrons may change performance nights within the same event title. Single ticket patrons may not exchange between event titles. Patrons may also change seats within a performance for a $3 fee; however, seating exchanges at the door on performance night are not always possible and are made at the discretion of the Box Office. Please arrive early if you plan to exchange seats. Note that tickets are not exchangeable after the missed performance date.
Tickets are exchanged on an availability basis. You may not always be able to get comparable seating when you exchange, but every effort will be made to accommodate your seating preferences.
Three Easy Ways to Exchange
Please note we must have the physical ticket or faxed ticket in the Box Office before the exchange can be made.
- In Person: Bring your tickets to the Box Office during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- By Mail: Allow at least 6 days for your request to reach the Box Office. List your new performance choices with your exchange request and include your name, the name under which the tickets were purchased (if different) and a daytime phone number. We will need to call you for credit card information to process any applicable exchange fees. Tickets will be held at the Will Call counter for you to pick up on performance night.
- By Fax: Tear your tickets in half, write “VOID” on each half, make a photocopy, and fax it to 936.468.1203 with your written exchange request. Please include your name, the name under which the tickets were purchased (if different) and a daytime phone number. We will need to call you for credit card information to process any applicable exchange fees. Tickets will be held at the Will Call counter for you to pick up on performance night.
Purchased tickets may be left in Will Call and picked up at your convenience. Will Call tickets may be picked up during regular office hours at the Fine Arts Box Office. On performance night in Turner Auditorium, please get your tickets at our easily accessible Will Call counter in the lobby rather than the sales window. For Cole Concert Hall and the Downstage Theatre, Will Call tickets will be available at their ticket window 45 minutes prior to the performance start time.
Persons with Disabilities
Persons with disabilities are requested to purchase seats as soon as possible and to notify us when reserving if special assistance or accommodations are needed for participation in events. Handicapped parking is provided in front of the Griffith Fine Arts and Tom & Peggy Wright Music Buildings on Alumni Drive. The elevator in the Griffith Fine Arts Building is located in the East Tower near the parking lot. Locations for wheelchair seating are available in the house floor seating areas of W.M. Turner Auditorium and Cole Concert Hall. Program booklets in large type are available for visually impaired persons. Please call the Box Office at 936.468.6407 or 888.240.ARTS at least two days in advance of the event and a copy will be held for you.
Performance Venue Policies
In fairness to those already seated, latecomers will be seated at the house manager’s discretion in the best available seats at the first appropriate interval. To avoid late seating, please allow extra time for parking.
Student Discount Tickets
University students holding discounted tickets will be asked to show their I.D. to the usher upon admission to performances in W.M. Turner Auditorium and Cole Concert Hall.
Children under 5 are not encouraged to attend some events; should you choose to bring small children, you must purchase a child’s ticket for them.
Taking of photographs or operation of any recording device within the venues is strictly prohibited.
Please turn off and put away any cell phones, tablets, pagers or other electronic devices. Not only are the sounds they make disruptive, but the glow from screens, which can be seen by audience members and performers, is very distracting.
Food, Beverages and Tobacco
Please do not take food or drinks into the venue. The use of tobacco products or E-cigarettes is not permitted in any of the Fine Arts venues or buildings.
Lost & Found
Patrons who lose articles while attending an event may make inquires during regular office hours at the appropriate venue.
- W.M. Turner Auditorium & Griffith Gallery: 936.468.6407 (Box Office)
- Cole Concert Hall: 936.468.4602 (School of Music Office)